Saturday, June 28, 2014

Glorious Saturday Morning




Helllooooo my gurly friends!

Just thought I would pop in this fine Saturday morning and say hi!



This is where I sit every morning (except Saturday) to put my make up on now.
I love it! I'm so glad I bought this little table. 

Side note:
See that picture in the frame? I LOVE this picture!! 
It is my cousin and I on Easter Sunday at our Grandparents house. 
She is probably 6 and I'm about 4. 
It just captures how she and I have always been. Me admiring her and wanting to be
just like her in every way.  :) 
Love her so much, even all these years later. She is more like my big sister than a cousin. 



Back to the point:
I did a pretty extravagant thing (blame the vanity)  and bought a Napoleon Lipstick. 
Its a plan nude called Lianna.

The girl at Ulta went on and on about how fabulous it was....
meh....I'm not super impressed. It's nice and all but the color is very close to my natural lip color 
and the lipstick drags over my lip. I like a smooth almost slick application. I would not
buy another one, but it does look pretty on my vanity.  And that is worth something. 
Right?

If your looking for a high end lipstick, I really like the YSL lipsticks.
They are expensive... but we're talking splurge fun here, not everyday.
Very moist and they stay on. I don't find that I have to reapply a lot during the day.

For everyday.... I still love my Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in 
caramel. I keep on at my desk at work, in my purse, in the bathroom, 
in the lipstick box..... on and on. I don't even know how many of these I have 
gone through over the years. It is my "go-to" main stay of lipsticks.
You can get it just about at any drugstore Target or Walmart for 6 or 7 dollars and Amazon has it for 
less than $5. And with Amazon Prime there is no shipping. 
Top THAT! 




Something else I did for fun was to order new personal business cards. 
Aren't they pretty?




I got them from VistaPrint. First I created my image in PicMonkey and 
just uploaded the whole thing to the VistaPrint "design your own" card. 
Very simple stuff!



They were about $36 and came in less than a week. 
I am very happy with the quality and the service.


One last thing.... 
Don't forget that this friday is Fresh-Cut Friday. 
I know that it is also 4th of July. But you can link any floral subject post 
you want. Including tablecapes and floral designs in decor. 

I'll have my post ready Thursday night and it will stay open all weekend.



Have a lovely weekend!


4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your vanity it looks so fun and I am sure your cousin wants to be you, how could she not?

Ricki Treleaven said...

J'adore your vanity!!! It's so *pretty* with all your girly things…..LOVE it!

I really like Mac lipsticks…they taste like chocolate!

;P

xo,
RJ

Tales of Whimsy said...

Lovely picture.

I say mix it with something mega fun and dark. :) I love mixing lipstick colors.

Heirloom treasures said...

Love the hints for lipstick Liz. I paid $15 for a new one (I don't like to pay more than 10 usually) but I liked the colour and case. Disappointed though. It's too soft and broke off after a few applications:( I'll take your tip for the shimmer one if I can get it here. Your vanity is so pretty,I wouldn't want to leave it. Also your new card is so pretty. Visa print are good aren't they?