Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lazy Susans and Saturdays!




Hello and Oh my! 
Everything lately seems to be coming up roses. 
Not really.... we just dropped $200.00 on our AC and my little Cooper is 
in the shop, being held hostage (not really, we're waiting for a part)... to the tune of about $2,000.00. 
INCREDIBLE!

But all that is real life. 
And here in blog land we don't live real life.  We live 
picture perfect lives where our homes are always spotless, we excel at our families, relationships and  jobs and we also have tons of time and money for crafting and fun projects 
that always turn out blog-worthy! 

Right? 
Wrong! 

Our down time is precious and we need to make the most and best of it. 

One of the things that I LOVE to do are craft classes. 

My favorites are the Sweet Stops Soire`es

They are a little expensive, but totally worth it.
 Everything is provided (tools and supplies) including a 
lovely, healthy meal and a fun, home-made dessert. 


This Saturday was no exception. We made Lazy Susans. 
This was mine right after the decoupage was applied.

Like I said... everything is included. 
ie. the lazy susan, large prints, brushes, decoupage, stain and wax.


The classes are pretty popular and book quickly. They now generally 
have to do 2 classes of about 40 women.
 There is lots of assistance and help. Great if you are an average crafter or 
even if you are more skilled.


OH! And did I mention that there are some fabulous craft items for sale? 
My pal Debi hand paints most of them. (SO stinkin' talented )



I ended up purchasing a few things that I will share with you later. 




Here is mine, still a little sticky, but ready to take home. 
A totally fun afternoon and not one drop of mod-podge on the kitchen table, 
not one mess to clean up and not even one wasted moment of 
precious crafting time.

See what I'm sayin'? 
So worth it!


This is where mine landed. 


A very successful Saturday.


The next class will be in September..... Can't Wait!


P.S. If any of my local blogging buddies want to join me for the next class, 
let me know. It would be fun to do this together. 


I'm joining: 




4 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I like that the internet focuses on the good but yes definitely it's good when we remind each other that it's not all roses behind the screen.

I'm so sorry to hear about your car and AC.

*hug*

LOVE the lazy susan.

Lisa said...

That is so stinkin' cute! Those roses had your name all over them! I already have a lazy susan...yours makes me think I might need to spruce it up a tad.;)
PS The class looks incredible! I know you gals had a blast!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Maybe I could do a class. I would love that! Your lazy susan is darling and definately you!
Talk to you when I get back!!

Oh, enjoy the fantasy of Blogworld. I am in reality myself right now! Not so pretty!! I really could use a maid! HAHA

Vel Criste said...

So true Liz, couldn't agree with you more on our REAL LIVES - what truly matters! Love the lazy susan you made, so pretty!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog!