Sunday, July 22, 2012

Haboob! ... Bless you!



These are a few pictures that I took early this morning in our 
back yard.

These are actually pretty selective as our back yard is mess from last night's storm that rolled in. If you would like to know what a haboob is.... click here.  It's a video of a dust storm that we had last July.

 Look at those teeny little ants just working away so early in the morning...

Lantana... about the only thing that really grows well all summer long here.
One little flower consisting of many other tiny flowers...


I did get all of the granny squares bordered and blocked. I just have to attach them and then do another pretty border around the whole thing. I think that I'm actually going to get it done in time to take to sweet daughter's when I go visit in a few weeks. 


Well I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. We are battening down the hatches, patio furniture and umbrellas as we are watching another haboob roll in.


8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I can't believe how selective these storms are. We didn't get a thing. Hope you are ok. Hugs, Marty

Melissa said...

There are things I don't like about Minnesota weather but I am truly thankful I don't have to deal with Haboobs.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! I don't remember one that bad, but do remember a couple of dust storms when I lived in AZ many years ago. Especially one when I was driving - not good.

Heirloom treasures said...

Sounds scary. Love your pics though. x

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love the flowers in the pot. So cute. Happy day! Hope everything turned out ok.

Decor To Adore said...

I spent the weekend in Laguna Beach and just reveled in the beautiful roses, impatients and many other delightful flowers.

Please send me your snail mail address through email as I want to send you an invite the ole fashioned way. :)

ANNE said...

how beautiful! I love your photographs. Be safe!

Suz said...

You have a charming blog and I love the flowered mug(roses?).
Where did you get that?