Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Recipe....

Hello Peeps! 

We have been up to ceiling in leftovers here. So I thought I would try to find a recipe that would use some of them up. I used the recipe on the back of the frozen meatball package as a starting place.  I had a veggie tray left over from a party and the meatballs were a partial package from an appetizer that I made Christmas Eve.

This is how the package recipe went: 
Meatballs + Frozen Vegetables + Pasta + a can of chicken broth = Italian Wedding Soup
Seriously! Like that didn't scream 
"HELP ME! I'm almost a recipe!"
So! That is what I did. I turned it into a recipe.

Bake the meatballs as directed. ( I used the turkey meatballs)
Chop fresh veggie selection ( I used onions, carrots, celery, and some leftover cauliflower)
 Saute in 3 tablespoons of olive oil until tender,  
add a teaspoon of minced garlic. 
add 1 cup of small pasta ( I used Acini di pepe) 
1 tablespoon of Herbs de Provence
Salt and pepper to taste
Simmer until the pasta is done.


And the TA DA! Soups on!


How simple was that!


Reminder:
Fresh Cut Friday is this week. 
I will have the linky tool up tomorrow 
evening so that you can join in. 
Have FUN!


5 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds and looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. I love good soups this time of the year.
Hope you have enjoyed the Holidays!
Wishing you a Very Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!
Glenda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, this sounds sooooooo good. You are way too clever, I would never have gotten this done. Hugs, marty

Lisa said...

YUM! It has been so cold here, that soup looks just right.:)
PS Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I am SO going to try this.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a clever girl you are! Great use of leftovers. I just bought some meatballs from Ikea. I will have to give this a try. Looks like a wonderful Winter Meal. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann