Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shall We Have Tea?



But of Course! My daughter is getting ready to go back to school and the summer is quickly coming to a close. She has a great part time job waiting for her in Flagstaff and she needs to get moved back there and get started on the next phase of her life.
Sigh....

Anywho!
To celebrate we had lunch at GOOSEBERRIES! It is a great Tea Room here in Phoenix.



Their Chicken and Fruit Salad is what we always have. But they have some specialties that have to be mentioned. Homemade soups, bread pudding, and cinnamon rolls... all to-die-for. Heart Shaped Scones, that are wonderful. You can actually order them frozen and serve them at your own tea party. Their dinner rolls are incredible as well.



I would recommend making reservations, but you don't have to. Sometimes they get pretty busy!



I would allow time for some browsing... There are plenty of tea accouterments, including their own private tea blend. Gift items galore and just that little something that you can't pass up!

I say, "Always make time for tea! If you don't who will?"


6 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, that is the same teapot! I love mine! That chicken salad looks good!

Decor To Adore said...

I have only been here once. My mother in law was visiting from Florida and it was her birthday, but that was over 2 years ago. I should take the time. :)

Angie said...

Hi Liz!

That place is just adorable! Your lunch look quite delicious. My daughter and I love to do stuff like that, too. Yay for daughters!

~Angie

p.s. i saw that you have The Memory Keeper's Daughter on your sidebar. I just read that at my sister-in-law's recommendation..wow was that an amazing book..and they made it into a movie on Lifetime! Did you happen to see it?

Unknown said...

Hi Angie,
I loved the Memory Keeper's Daughter! I was a little disappointed in the movie though. I think they needed to make it a 2-part movie.... they skipped a lot...

For sure YAY for daughters! : )
Have a great day!
~~Liz~~

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Hi Liz,
That looks like my kind of place!!
My mom and I had lunch together yesterday at my favorite cafe, and we had chicken salad.
Mother~daugher times are some of the very best; glad you enjoyed your time together too!
:)

Michelle said...

Great blog! I love the post about your Christmas treasures from your mother..

Have a wonderful weekend,
Michelle