Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bible Journal .... So I made a cover....


If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you know that
I just got my sewing machine back from Mr Sew and Vac after
never having it serviced... in like 15 years.  I was so frustrated the last time I 
made any thing, I was ready to through it out a moving truck. 
But my friend Laura encouraged me to have it serviced before I 
threw in the towel completely.  That was almost a year ago.
I'm so glad that I listened to her.


I just got it back and decided that a nice afternoon project was in order.  Nothing big...
"Let's set ourself up for success" I said to myself. 


So I made a cover for my journal bible. 
Mind you, my hubby carried this for a couple of years before I confiscated
inherited it.  SO, it was in need of some extra LOVE. 



Here's the cover that I made. I'm pretty (really) happy with it. 
I have a tutorial here for some bible covers that I had made 
previously.  I also made a cover for a friend's NOOK... that post is here.
(just incase you want to see)



I added index tabs to the top of the bible. 



I added scrapbooking paper to the inside as it was starting to look 
a little tired. I also added extra book mark ribbon to match the paper.

I seriously couldn't wait to show it to you guys. 

I'm chuckling because when I showed it to my husband, he kind of
started laughing and said " You know, this is SO incredibly excessive?" 
I just smiled and said "I KNOW! Isn't it AWESOME?"  



I did an entry a few weeks ago from 1Samual 16: 7

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things human beings look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."


GOD sees our full potential! 
Meaning that in the right hands, something ordinary becomes EXTRA ordinary. 




 So, I'll leave you with that my peeps! 
Have an AWESOME week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Very pretty!

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

I love it! You did such a heart-filled job! It's beautiful. I will be making one for myself and I will refer back here when I do. I love all the added touches...and the scripture. Have a great week! Diane

Oliva Ohlson said...

Impressive!!! I love it and your artwork is beautiful!

Lisa said...

I'm loving it! Especially the doodles! I need to get a bible with room for doodles!!!!

Charlotte said...

Please share what Bible this is.
Thank you
CABWNANA1@bellsouth.net

Love Of Quilts said...

You did good, I am so glad that the lord looks at the heart of us instead of the out side. God bless.