Monday, September 29, 2014

A Little Remembrance Gift



Hey there! 
Glad your here! :)




Today I'm showing you a little project that I made for my friend Laura of Decor to Adore.


If you read her blog then you know she is in the process 
of moving.  SO! she had a little Texodus party. You can read more about that here.


I wanted to give her a little remember-me gift. So I made her a sunglass case. 


This is another one of my wing it patterns. I just double crocheted into the back row. 
This is about 12 rows. I used my own sunglasses to fit. 



Folding it into a little more the thirds I stitched the sides together and added a single crochet 
to the edge so that it would look finished.  I then double crocheted the ruffle, added a button and a  chain stitch loop for the button hole.




And Voi-la! 
Done!



From this side.
And that side.




I stuffed it with a couple of items that will remind her of Arizona and me. :) 
Laura doesn't typically wear nail polish, so I gave her one of my favorite pale barely there pinks
from Essie and my all time favorite top coat ('cuz I'm a nail freak) 
I also gave her a gift card to In-n-Out Burger. I was thinking that there were no In-N-Outs in
Texas.... turns out, I was wrong.... Oh well! It happens.  :)
It's still the best darn cheese burger and chocolate shakes in fast food. 



I'll be sharing at these parties:
Cindy for Amaze Me Monday
Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday
Kathryn for Make it Pretty Monday
Abby for Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Angel for Wake up Wednesday
Marci for Tuesdays With A Twist
Brenda for Tweak It Tuesday
Kathy for A Return To Loveliness
Sherry for Home Sweet Home
Cindy for Show and Tell
Courtney for Feather Your Nest
Jann for Share Your Cup 

15 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

Simply adorable!!! I love the frilly border and cute button!

Stacey said...

That was so sweet! She'll love all of that I bet. We do have In n Out Burgers here but not many. We actually have one about 4 miles from my house. Yummy!! :)

I'm going to try to get together with Laura soon.

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Super cute...love it!

Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
Blessings,
Cindy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I loved this case and I know that Laura did too. You are so talented, all the crochet goodies and then jewelry making too. Wow, I am impressed.

Stephanie said...

This is so cute, Liz!! I just love it and the colors you chose are very pretty together.

Hugs and blessings

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love it. I think you need an Etsy shop.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Liz, your Sunglass case is so pretty!

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Very beautiful knitted case~~ I am your newest follower.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet gift! It came out so cute. I know she will enjoy using it and oh how you will miss her. She's a special friend, isn't she? Hugs, Diane

Decor To Adore said...

I think of you everyday when I pull my sunglasses out!

Hopefully I'll get the house painted soon and then I can move on to my fingernails. :)

Thank you SO very much.

Heirloom treasures said...

how lovely a friends present

Lisa said...

That is so precious, Liz! I know she was thrilled The colors are so pretty.

Tea in the Library said...

Love the colors. What a thoughtful and useful item and so pretty. Sending a link to the a lady from church who has started hosting 'Knit -ins' where people can come and learn, or teach, or just create.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the cute flower button!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Liz, it's so cute. I love it! She will love it too, I'm sure! The little ruffle and button are just darling! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann