Friday, September 11, 2009

Pappadeaux

A couple of weeks ago my handsome older brother celebrated his 48 b-day!
Holy Crap! Do you know how old that makes me?!
Double Holy Crap!! Not as old as him! :)
As is the long standing tradition in our family, the birthday boy (or girl) chooses the dinner locale. He chose one of my favorites.... Pappadeaux !



I just love the ambiance and of course the food is to die for! (I'm an eater you know!)
I did take a bunch of pictures of the inside but they were all full of people. I hate putting pictures of folks on the internet with out their permission. Beside the point.
Any way! The restaurant looks like it was built decades ago. I think it's only about 20 years old, though. The service is ALWAYS wonderful, and while everything is very high quality, it is unpretentious.

The patio is huge and houses small jazz bands on the weekends and holidays.


Other than the fact that at 8:00 at night it's 99 degrees,
you forget your in the desert or on the I-17.



This is a special place for my husband and I. We have celebrated every
New Year's eve here for about 12 years.

Our Rehearsal Dinner was here as well.


Look at the dessert! Enough banana pudding for 3 people.
Of course I could finish this, so they
gave me a lid to the jar!


How cute is that?!


Handsome Brother's Birthday pie. Chocolate Pecan!
UUMMMMM.....YUM!


Hope you enjoyed Pappadeaux! We always do!

10 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Liz! Best Birthday wishes to your brother, and dessert looks TDF!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating! Enjoy your weekend too! ~tina

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have never heard of it! Looks like fun!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Now I am hungry! Happy Birthday to your Brother.

Lisa said...

I love Papadeaux! It's one restaurant we can ALL agree on.:) Happy Birthday to Brother!

Decor To Adore said...

It must be a crime that I have never been. Bah humbug!

BECKY said...

What a fun birthday celebration, and how cool that it is such a special place to you and hubby, too!! Sounds like you all had a great time, and ok banana pudding is one of my all time faves!!!

The restaurant looks really neat! Love the brick and railing! Great pics!

Hope you have a lovely Sunday, sweetie!!

HUGS,
Becky

BECKY said...

Oh and you're not old. Age is a matter of the mind. If you don't mind...it don't matter!!

:o)
Becky

nannykim said...

Just tooooo tempting.

my post: http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/2009/09/tablescape-3.html

Sherri said...

Liz, sounds like a great time!

Fifi Flowers said...

Dessert looks good... but SEAFOOD sounds DIVINE!!! I have not had seafood in awhile... yummm... I think I shall change that SOON!