Tuesday, October 29, 2013

With a Cherry On Top!


Oh,  Gosh!




Sometimes I feel like my life is completely de-railed! 
Honestly! The week has flown by.   Who am I kidding? The whole month is gone.
I went to a pumpkin painting class, a Harvest Brunch, had company in town and Sunday daughter and I went to our first bridal show!  Very busy! But VERY FUN!!! 
(I know lots of exclamations!!!)


And with all that...
At some point last week I turned 51. 
And shortly after that I got a piece of junk mail 
offering me a Senior discount.... say whaaaaaaat?
Seriously?
Good thing I don't take that kind of thing to heart.  (much)

 I also got de-railed on my next big project. I decided to start a baby blanket instead. I'm doing the Granny Ripple. (kind of sounds like a weird dance, huh?) It's not though. 
It is a fun and quick moving stitch.
 Oh! ooopsie! There's a peek at my Fresh-Cut Friday arrangement... :)



Don't forget to join in on Thursday night for Fresh-Cut Friday!

SO, that's it for now!
Have a great day!!





9 comments:

Poppy said...

Liz,

Such charmingly sweet pics! They made me smile, (okay, and drool, just a little!); that cupcake is just TOO pretty to eat!

See you at Fresh Cut Friday!

xo
Poppy

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello Liz,
It sounds like you've been very busy lately. The chocolate cupcake looks so yummy. Autumn is my favorite season, so I am enjoying it as well.

Happy Halloween.

Love,
~Sheri

Blondie's Journal said...

We loved doing the bridal shows before Emily got married last May...so fun.

I have two years on you, Liz. It's not so much the time flying by, you're just having a great time!!

XO,
Jane

Melissa said...

I know the feeling of being derailed. Sounds like your life is full.

Lets all do the Granny Ripple - fun dance? scary dance? Both sound easier to me than crocheting!! :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

A delayed Happy Birthday! Pretty scarf!
Sorry to tell you, but all that junk mail will only get worse - aarp,retirement plans/investment info, health care supplement insurance (really piles up when you are on medicare), and the list goes on. Then the big bummer is when you start getting advertisements for funeral plans on a regular basis.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :/

Tales of Whimsy said...

Dang! That is not right.

But happy belated birthday! :)

My month flew by too. Too fast. I love October and I feel like I barely breathed.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I'm getting ready to start my first ripple blanket... have been watching youtubes to figure it all out. I bet the bridal show was fun! I just found out that I qualified for the senior discount at the zoo. :-) Oh my, where have the years gone.

April D said...

your pics made me hungry! i should probably go eat breakfast. :)
your busyness sounds wonderful; if the month is gone, at least you can look and see it was full of meaningful times.
can i link up fresh organic pumpkins for FCF? :) will have to see what i can do.
hugs! and happy birthday!
~april

Blogger said...

YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 distinct crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you need from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

You can click on CLAIM as many times as 50 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.