Thursday, November 7, 2013

Soup of the Day - Artichoke Sausage Soup




 It is finally time for soup!
The weather has finally broken and soup actually sounds good. 
 Here is a simple and hearty fall soup.


Artichoke Sausage Soup


  • 24oz. Italian Sausage
  • 2 28oz. Artichokes hearts, drained
  • 6 14oz. cans of Italian plum tomatoes ( I used diced Italian seasoned tomatoes)
  • 2 pkg onion soup mix
  • 6 to 8 cups water
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1tsp. basil

Crumble sausage into pieces in soup pot; brown and drain excess fat. Dice artichoke hearts and tomatoes, add to meat. Add remaining ingredients, heat through. Makes approx. 8-10 servings.

Here is my advice... make it the night before. It is better the next day. Keep some in the fridge and freeze some too. We really like this soup a lot.


I'm joining Cindy for Show and Tell Friday



5 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh boy that sounds good. I absolutely love the flavor that Italian sausage adds to soup. I'll be trying this soon.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh two of my favorites together at last! Yum!

Question for you my friend. The bags you make out of the linen towels~ do you use a pattern? I am working on my Vintage Christmas black Friday giveaway and have a specimen I'd like to transform. :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oh that looks great. I've been trying to figure out how to use artichoke.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a delicious soup during the colder month. Thanks for sharing and happy weekend to you! Hugs!

Melissa said...

Yum..