Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What's UP!




It feels like Monday... but it's really Tuesday.
The week is flying by!
I hope you had a great 3 day weekend! 
Did you do anything fun? 
We were very low-key here. 
I watched this oldie....

The acting was okay... comedy was okay...
Sometimes I love to watch these old movies just for the style
factor. This one has tons! 
Look at that living room! 

What it's about...
When Mike Hagen and Marilla Brown marry after a whirlwind romance on the west coast, they return to New York to find that they don't have much in common. She is a clothing designer who lives in a swanky apartment and whose friends are actors, artists and the like. He is a sports writer who likes to go boxing matches and horse races. They clearly love one another and make every effort to be flexible. When a mobster, whom Mike has been accusing of fixing sports events, decides to go after him he must pretend to be out of town and mayhem ensues.



 Also saw this... FABULOUS! 
Loved it!


  What it's about...
Following a mysterious explosion in a busy London market, the police swoop, a suspect is detained, and the country prepares for one of the most high-profile trials in British legal history. Two exceptional lawyers with a romantic history step into a dangerous web of secrets and lies, and when evidence points to a British Secret Service cover up, it's not just their reputations, but their lives that are at stake.

 Color of the Week #7

 Here's my color of the week... Maria by Julep.... In person it looks like a foil. Very pretty!

Just a quick reminder... We'll have Fresh-Cut Friday this week. I will have the 
linky tool set up and ready to go for Thursday night. 

I hope you will join in! 

That's it for now... 

 


5 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

I just put "designing woman" on my Netflix. How have I missed this movie? :)

Haworth said...

I've never seen that film, Liz, but it sounds like fun! I love watching old movies, and holiday weekends are the perfect time for doing that... especially holidays where there are no gifts, no big dinners, just a few days off to be restful! I've seen ads for the Closed Circuit film and it looks chilling. Wishing you a lovely week ahead.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I have to check this movie out.

I love the exaggerated acting in old movies.

LOVE the nail color btw.

Heirloom treasures said...

Sounds like my sort of weekend :)Love old movies too.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Liz, I have seen Designing Woman, and I agree that it is a little light on the comedy and story line, BUT the clothes and sets make it well worth watching! I think I'll check it out on Netflix again. I hope to join your party this week and look forward to seeing the fresh cut flowers! Linda