Thursday, September 5, 2013

Time for Fresh-Cut Friday!

Hello my lovely friends and kindred spirits! 
This month is the 200th anniversary of the original publication of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.  So in honor of this auspicious occasion, our book club has chosen to read the same.
So, in keeping with this same theme, I used my Jane Austen complete collection in my 
Fresh-Cut Friday arrangement.

 And while the flower of the month is the Aster.... I chose roses.


 I know... how predictable!


When you break it down, there are some common elements in all of Miss Austen's novels. 
Gardening, Books, Tea and Pure Romance!
It just truely doesn't get any more feminine than a Jane Austen story. 
So of course we love her!

“I sat three–quarters of an hour in the flower–garden, while Fanny cut the roses; and very pleasant it was, I assure you, but very hot.”  (Mansfield Park)

“And though the love of a hyacinth may be rather domestic, who can tell, the sentiment once raised, but you may in time come to love a rose” (Northanger Abbey)

 It was a sweet view — sweet to the eye and the mind. English verdure, English culture, English comfort, seen under a sun bright, without being oppressive.  (Emma)


Make sure you take time to stop and smell the ROSES!

Sherry from The Charm of Home
Cindy from My Romantic Home
Courtney for Feather Your Nest Friday
Debra at Common Ground 








19 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Liz, I am a HUGE Jane A. fan, and a lifetime member of the JA Society of North America. I hope your book club enjoys this book! It is so full of interesting ideas. Thank you for hosting! Linda

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for inviting me to participate in your party. I, too, love Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is probably my favorite. Have a lovely weekend!
Blessings,
Nici

Stacy said...

I have just discovered your link party and I have linked up! Your photos are gorgeous! Roses, English roses in particular, have become a new favorite of mine.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Love your "rose vignette" theme for today, Liz. I've shared a plant from my dear hubby's memorial service. May you have a wonderful weekend.

Stephanie said...

Your photos are so dreamy and elegant :) I thoroughly enjoy my visit this morning. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs!

curiositaellya said...

Thank you so much Liz!
Have a great week end.

Ellya

Savannah Granny said...

LIZ, Thank you for you visit and kind words. As suggested, I am joining your lovely party for "Time for Fresh-Cut Friday". Thank you for your kind invitation. I look forward to visiting you other guests.
I am a new follower.
Have a beautiful weekend, Ginger

Oliva Ohlson said...

Lovely roses and quotes! I need more Jane Austen in my life! Have a great weekend!

Poppy said...

Liz,

What a beautiful bouquet, so very J.A., in its rich and elegant character, intriguing and inspiring! Thanks so much for hosting!

Have a great weekend!

Poppy

Tammy N said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and inviting me to your party. I loved your tribute to Jane Austen. Her books are a favorite of mine.

Tales of Whimsy said...

Marvelous and so true. Have you see Austenland yet?

Blue Lavender said...

Hi Liz
As always, I really enjoy visiting this wonderful linking party. I really enjoyed your photos, they are simply amazing.
Thanks for giving us a chance to share our photos here.
Hugs,
Laura

Stacey said...

Hi Liz. :) I would be happy to send you some seeds if you want to try the hyacinth bean vine. It likes heat and it has been over 100 here for a couple of weeks! Email me if you want seeds.

snskee@aol.com

I decided not to post my flowers since Olivia did the same thing. I love hers. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Liz, Thanks so much for your visit! Love your roses! Roses and hydrangeas, my faves! Have a fabulous weekend!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Liz. Thank you for inviting me to join your party; I'm so happy to be here! I'm sorry that your link isn't in the post, but it will be in the future. I'm your newest follower (right after Ginger at Savannah Granny, a good blog friend). Your own post is lovely. ~Zuni

The Charm of Home said...

I am featuring this lovely post tomorrow at Home Sweet Home! Thank you for joining!
Sherry

Kathy said...

Oh, breathtakingly lovely. Pride and Prejudice is our favorite story, Dearest and I. Gorgeous post - I'll be pinning and joining your party later this week!
I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Haworth said...

Beautiful roses, Liz! And such a lovely vignette with Miss Austen's books.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, you had great participation this month! I need to go visit everyone....pretty thumbnails!

Did you like the movie? Please let me know....I love your vignette.....such pretty roses!

Thanks for hosting one of my favorite linkies!

xo,
RJ