Saturday, October 1, 2016

It's A Nice Day For A White Pumpkin....



Good Morning Everyone! 
I know... what will you all think?! 
Two posts in one week?  

I just had something silly to share. 
I was at the grocery store and saw these sweet little white pumpkins. I walked by, and here is why.

I'm really to the point in my life that I just don't want to buy "stuff " anymore. 
 I'm almost fifty-four and have more than any three people can use up in one life time.  After remodeling our kitchen, I started a process of paring down what we have. But it is still too much. 

I really try to not buy what I don't need. The days of buying things for a blog post are over. I have decided that the blog is no longer going to be a possible means of income. It is just going to be what it was originally designed to be. An on line journal and log of whatever.  Meaning:  whatever I'm currently doing.  That might be decorating, remodeling, books, bible journaling, my faith, tablescapes, and/or crafting.

SO! 
That being said, you won't see regular posts, or a general theme.  And, while I won't guarantee this,  you most likely won't see ads. (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with monitizing your blog) I probably won't be changing my blog to follow any trends that seem to run through the blog-us-phere.  Although, trust me, I am always tempted to chase that rabbit. There are so many beautiful blogs out there that I love. They all do a great job of capturing their audience and keeping them. But it is an endless job and I already have a job that I like. This blog is about my "fun" and my sharing it with you. Sounds totally selfish now that I read it. hmmm. 

Well, I hope you don't mind and I hope you'll keep checking in. 

Oh! and about the title ... 
I couldn't stop thinking about the cute pumpkins... So I went back to the floral department and got them. I know, your eyes are rolling.  Now, every time I walk by them I think of the old Billy Idol song "It's a nice day for a white pumpkin...."  I mean white wedding.

Okay, if your eyes weren't rolling before, they are now. 

Have a lovely fall weekend!


11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun is this. I saw those white pumpkins too and passed them up, but I really NEED some
I think. haha

Boopnut said...

Oh, I totally get it about the blog! I have never found my niche in blog land and often thought of quitting all together, but then I thought, "What the heck? It's my blog, I can write about whatever and whenever it suits my fancy and if I am fortunate enough to have some lovely blogging friends, great!"
Deb

Ricki Treleaven said...

*Giggles* this is a cute post! I love the little white pumpkins! I enjoy your Bible journaling pages and I hope you'll share more of them! Also I miss Fresh Cut Friday. :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I appreciate no ads on blogs...I feel it takes away from blogging. My blog is my journal of my little life. It is all good.
deb

Blondie's Journal said...

Your are so cute and I love the title of your post. Love white pumpkins, too. Waiting for the right time to scoop some up!

Happy Fall!

Jane

Joan said...

Never see white pumpinks before... nice home you have ... Greetings,Joan

Decor To Adore said...

I am joining in on your catchy tune. I need some white pumpkins in my life.

Lisa said...

I totally agree with you Liz...about all of it. 😊

Anonymous said...

I love your blog just the way it is....lovely, inspiring, and fun! And the white pumpkins are just adorable!

Alisha

C Reeder PhxAz said...

I enjoy your ad free blog. It's about you. That's why I read it. To see what's up in your world. Your sense of decorating is so wonderful. Please keep it up. Can't wait to see your holiday postings.

Mami Made It said...

My blog is my journal too and I like that way. Blogging is fun not work for me. I like your style and your blog :)