Thursday, March 21, 2013

Coffee, Crochet and Camera!



Some of my favorite subjects! 
Look at that cute little Hawkeye. Rescued from my mom's attic. 
Even if I could find the film for it... I doubt it would work. But I do love
having it. I think I bought it with my horse walking money ....  I was about 
10???  Anyway, there were some people at church that owned a bunch of shetland ponies. They would go to local carnivals and sell rides to little kids. My job, along with about 10 other kids was 
to walk the pony and rider in a big circle. We got paid a whopping $1.oo an hour. Getting paid to walk horses (eh...ponies) ... That was my dream come true.  I was impressed with myself. Ah well... it was fun. I hadn't thought about that in forever until I saw this little camera.


I have all of my squares done... Just need to hook them all together! 


Any one know of a pretty edge that I can put on it?





7 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I often think of my early jobs...getting paid 50cents, 2 apples, 2 oranges, and maybe a cluster of grapes for cleaning a neighbor's house....I was about 10. The thing I remember most, was changing the bed...I still hate that job!

Sherri B. said...

Your squares are so pretty, love your color choices. I bet that Heather, over at Vintage Grey would hae aq good suggestion for you on the edge. Here is her link http://vintagegreyhandmade.blogspot.com/

I love your old camera, so nice to keep it in the family. I have three different old ones that I found and one even had that instant film in it and it still worked! I looked up your camera on Amazon and here is that link..you may even find some film there..Have fun!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kodak+hawkeye+camera&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Akodak+hawkeye+camera

Bernideen said...

Oh, this will be beautiful! Can't wait to see it!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Adorbs. I love old cameras. I have an old Brownie that doesn't work but I love having around. It makes a gorgeous photo prop. Just think how cute your future grandbabies will look posing with it.

Melissa said...

I love everything in this post - the camera, the squares, the teacup...

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

This brought back memories of my first little camera. I still have it somewhere! Sweet memories.

Micupoftea said...

Fun blog---love your post. :)