Friday, March 8, 2013

The Dressmaker




The Dressmaker
by Kate Alcott


If you love anything that involves the Titanic, you will love this!


From the back of the book:

Tess, an aspiring seamstress, thinks she’s had an incredibly lucky break when she is hired by famous designer Lady Lucile Duff Gordon to be her personal maid on the Titanic. Once on board, Tess catches the eye of two men—a kind sailor and an enigmatic Chicago businessman—who offer differing views of what lies ahead for her in America. But on the fourth night, disaster strikes, and amidst the chaos, Tess is one of the last people allowed on a lifeboat.

The survivors are rescued and taken to New York, but when rumors begin to circulate about the choices they made, Tess is forced to confront a serious question.  Did Lady Duff Gordon save herself at the expense of others? Torn between loyalty to Lucile and her growing suspicion that the media’s charges might be true, Tess must decide whether to stay quiet and keep her fiery mentor’s good will or face what might be true and forever change her future.


I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a fast read with unexpected twists and turns. Let me know if you have read or decide to read this selection.  I would love to know what you thought


I'm joining Riki Jill for : 


8 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D I love books about the Titanic....I thought that The House of Velvet and Glass was fantastic. I will definitely add The Dressmaker to my TBR pile! It sounds like the perfect Spring Break read. Thanks so much for linking-up. You've made my day!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo,
RJ

Melissa said...

The title pulled me in since I am all about sewing at the moment. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm not sure my comment went through :( If it did ignore this...if not I will be back letter to re-comment.

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love anything Titanic. I'm so adding this to my TBL. For some reason I'd seen it and not realized it was Titanic related.

Gram said...

This was a great read!

Laura said...

Sounds very interesting. I'll see if my library has it.

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

I, too, love any thing related to the Titanic, sounds like it would be a good read so will put it on my book list.
Thanks for stopping over at my blog earlier and leaving a sweet comment. Have a wonderful weekend.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Liz,
Judging by the beautiful book cover and your comments this looks like a "must read".
Thank you for your recommendation and for your kind comments on my blog.
Blessings,
Carolynn