Friday, March 12, 2010

Black and Blue!



This is the little blue shelf that I got at Gooseberries the day of the
Arizona Bloggers lunch back in October.

It was a perfect little nook for more nic nacks! : )


A spot for a vintage tea towel....

It's the perfect size and shape for this little wall...
But the light blue just wasn't doing anything for me.

So I painted it black. I thought that it really made the blue pop.
But it was also kind of like 3 black holes.


So using a piece of double sided tape, I lined the back of the shelf.
What do you think?

Before.....

After....

Before....

After...

I'm thinking that at Christmas I could put Christmas paper in there
and of course Christmas dishes.

And YES! That is faux foliage on top!
HA HA HA! I'm such a rebel.

11 comments:

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

it looks great! I like it with the blue back. What a difference a little change can make.

Angie said...

It looks great and is just perfect for that space!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It is gorgeous. I love it. Painted black is so much better. Just perfect and I love all your blue too.
Are you coming to the next luncheon at the end of the month?
Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I love it no matter what color it is painted...looks great either way!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I also like it black. I have some of the faux plants around also.:)

Oliva Ohlson said...

Amazing! What a transformation from beginning to end...the possibilities are endless!

Kit said...

I was sooo excited to read your post! I collect Checkers Pottery too and love your pieces. Isn't the blue checks so lovely. I also have it in green and red. They look great on your shelf. Of the blue, I have the tall coffee pot and biscuit jar. Do you collect the other colors?

Anonymous said...

Its perfect. What a cute piece. The pottery looks great on it. And so does your lush green foliage.

Melissa said...

Very pretty, the blue black is perfect.

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Liz!! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you. Yes, I did go over to the consignment shop. They were very sweet over there but after filling out the ap. I found out they only paid $7.95 an hour. I haven't worked for that in 30 years! I was a little disappointed and thanked them very kindly for their time. I decided to take a short break and pursue a few passions of mine to try to earn a living instead. Maybe this was a blessing. Any way, that is what I have been doing non-stop since this all happened. No, really non-stop! I'm only coming up for air today because I missed visiting all my friends! I hope to make the big announcement soon! Now I'm off to check out this Az Bloggers luncheon!!! Take care.

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Nanette said...

Hi Liz,
I like it with the blue back too. That's a fun idea about Christmas paper. Perfect shelf for that space!
Valerie