Monday, March 1, 2010

6 of 101 Things to do With a Cake Mix






Time for the next installment of 101 Things to do with a cake mix. In case you forgot.....
I'm going through this little cook book and making every recipe.....
Why? For fun!

Chewy Brownies
  • 1 chocolate cake mix
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together cake mix, margarine, and eggs until the cake mix is completely absorbed. Stir in chips and nuts. Press the stiff dough evenly into a greased 9x13-inch pan.

Bake 26-30 minutes. When cooled, cut into squares and serve.



These were good. Very moist and rich.

Enjoy!


15 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Is #7 eating cake mix straight out of the box? Because I have done that. :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

ummmmm! These look really good.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love anything simple, easy and delicious. Thanks so much, Liz!

xoxo
Jane

Rettabug said...

Somebody told me a long time ago that brownies originated when someone put too much water into their cake recipe. Makes sense, huh?
Your's look delicious!

A Southern Rose said...

I probably already told you but I have that cookbook too and I love it. My favorite is the cheesecake bars. They are delicious! Those brownies look so yummy. I haven't tried them yet.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

This is fun! I never thought about doing OTHER things with cake mix...you know, other than making a cake!

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
Could you attend
AZ bloggers lunch on Sat. March 27th at 1 p.m.???
I hope so, just let me know!!!
hugs,
jamie

Miss Gracie's House said...

Yummy!
LOL about the dusting/creating post...totally can relate!
Rene'

Mary Bergfeld said...

I really love anything that is easy and produces great results. It sure looks like your recipe fills the bill. Have a great day.

Sandra said...

That looks delicious!
Have a wonderful day.
Sandra

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

OOOO Liz, those look so good, and sound easy too. I like that! Thanks for the recipe. laurie

Unknown said...

These look so very good. I am going to try them. Cheers, Lia

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Yummy. I think I've already gained 5 pounds just looking at the yummy photos!!!!

Donatella said...

looks yummy!!new follower!! I really like your blog!!(:
happy saterday!!

Christine said...

I will give this one a try...looks yummy..although I love anything chocolate! =O)