Thursday, May 1, 2014

May's Fresh-Cut Friday




Hello! And welcome to this edition of Fresh-cut Friday my lovely friends! 




Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis)
meaning: Return of happiness



 I have to say that this month's FCF selection is one of my all time favorites. 
Unfortunately, I live in a desert! SO Lily of the Vally is no where to be found. 
I even tried to order some from the local florist.... She just gave me "the stare".
You know the look... the one that communicates " are you an idiot"? 


It's okay though. My brother brought me these gorgeous tulips on Easter Sunday. 



I thought they were pretty and I loved it that my brother brought them! 
They lasted well over a week. 


Did you have any floral arrangements on Easter? 
I hope you did and I hope you will join in and share your post 
by linking below! 

I'm going to be joining:
Lavender Garden Cottage






10 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't think we can get Lily of the Valley here either. At least I've never seen it. The tulips would make me smile though. Tulips are one of my favorites.
Thanks for hosting and Happy May Day!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How sweet of your brother, Liz, to gift you with the pretty tulips. Thank you so much for hosting your lovely party.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your tulips are gorgeous, wish I had some around here, but they don't grow them here as they need four seasons I understand. Very sweet of your brother!
Thank you for hosting and have a fun weekend.
FABBY

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the tulips, they are one of my favorites. Hope all is well.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

No flowers this month, well so far. I love the smell of Lily of the Valley. And yes, I know that look!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love lily of the valley. But your tulips are gorgeous! Great table too.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello dear Liz

My apologies for arriving late.
What a beautiful bouquet of tulips from your brother - the colours are wonderful!

It is hard to find Lily of the Valley here now too.
My mother had a wonderful bed on the cold side of the house as they don't like being in the sun - their fragrance was divine.

Thank you for hosting your party - I'll be on time next month - promise!

Hugs
Shane x

Oliva Ohlson said...

LOVE tulips and yours are stunning! Thank you for hosting a great party!

Kathy said...

What a sweet brother, Liz! They are beautiful I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful flowers! I love the lily of the valley.
Sherry