Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fresh-Cut-Friday # 23 THE ROSE!

Hi Friends and Sweet Flower People! 
Can you believe that it is already time for FCF again. 
Well I can't lie! I love it that this months flower is the ROSE! 
Look at this mess! I seriously need to take a class in composition. 
Along with a photography class and a class for Photoshop!
  I'm showing off my new Christie Repasy signed print.  
Isn't It so pretty?  
 
I love it! I hung it in my crap.. eh craft room. 
 These are the roses that I chose... As usual from Safeway.
My roses in the garden are really faded right now.  It's 108 for crying out loud!
My mother's pocket watch...

  So, what do you think? Can you take a bad picture of a rose? 
I don't think so!

So now I want to see all your pretty pictures. 
Make sure you link back to this post and visit each other. 
We usually don't have to many participate so it is pretty 
easy to get around to see everyone. 

Enjoy!
I'll be joining:
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home, Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday and Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday








13 comments:

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Liz, I can't believe I am the first to to link up this week...usually I'm late! Your roses are beautiful and I love the Christie Repasy print. She is an amazing talent!
Thank you so much for hosting this party. I'm so glad it's the rose in the place of honor this month.
I hope you are having a great week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, I can hardly believe it's almost June.
I love roses to. They fit well with the romance of the summer.
I've had trouble linking, and I've tried several times and no picture is showing. If you want to remove this I can link up later.
Thank you for hosting.
Hugs Rosemary...xx

Trisha said...

Love the color of roses you picked out! Thanks for letting me join in on the fun!

~Trisha

Unknown said...

Hello FCF!
Liz, I love your photo's and how lucky to have a Christie original! I have seen her work along the way of blogging and always loved what she creates! My roses have the leaves all eaten by some bug I have yet to learn. At least with the beetles I know how to handle them! My grocery has a great manager who knows how to place an order! Happy Fresh Cut Friday! Thanks for hosting!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Hey, Liz! Thanks for hosting. :D Your photos are so creative and pretty!!!

I have never met a rose I didn't like. I was just painting some this evening!

I really like Christie's style. Thanks for sharing with us!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your pictures are gorgeous girl...you did great! Have a relaxing weekend!! Talk to you soon!

Suffia said...

Your roses are beautiful. Amazing photos too. Thanks for hosting and wishing you a lovely weekend.

Mary said...

Beautiful roses in your print and from in your sweet caddy! Wow, it's sweltering there, I'd be faded if it was 108 degrees too! Thanks for hosting :)

Sherri B. said...

Those roses are gorgeous! It is hard to believe that they came from Safeway. xo

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Hi Liz!
I love all your pictures! I like the antiquing affect you added too! Your rose pictures is lovely!
I have new buds on my roses, but they haven't bloomed yet. We keep flip flopping on the temperatures here...last weekend we hit 91 and today it will only be in the 50's. It's been a crazy spring! My plants aren't sure what to make of it- and neither am I!!
Thanks for hosting the Fresh-Cut Friday party!!

Pamela said...

I love Christy Repasy's work, I am aching to take a class from her. One day...thanks for hosting, I do love my roses.

Mimi said...

HI LIZ!!!
First off, I think your photography skills are excellent!!!I also love that sign and your Orange roses are stunning!!Mine are all wilted too....it was over 110 today!!!So all my flowers may be wilted by tomorrow!!!
I hope you have a great weekend
hugs,
jamie

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Hi Liz, thanks for hosting another Fresh-Cut Friday:)One can never go wrong with roses...it is the Queen among flowers! I love these gorgeous blooms anytime anywhere. Your pictures are so beautiful and I'm loving the vintage effect you created with your mom's pocket watch, lace and prints. Beautiful photography!Love the oranges hues of the roses. Have a lovely weekend!hugs,Poppy