Thursday, March 8, 2012

JOY!

Hi Ya!

Are you ready for the weekend?
Do you have big plans?

I hope you have had a really great week. I'm off to see Sweet Daughter for a
long weekend and I have to tell you I'm so excited I can't stand it!

I was in my craft room straightening and I saw this sweet little gift that my friend CeeKay gave me at Christmas. I don't think I ever showed it to you all. Isn't it the cutest?
3 sweet little bottles with different glitter all contained in a darling little metal
tray. I didn't put it away after Christmas...
I just like it to much.
Plus it reminds me of CeeKay.
And that's a good thing!


What about you?
Do you have a little bit of Christmas out all year?


We are reading a chapter a day of the book of James for the 40 days leading up to Easter. I'm back to the first chapter today and this is what I read.
Coincidence? I think not!

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. " James 1: 2-4

New Living Translation


Enjoy!

I'm joining in at My Romantic Home and 2805

10 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wow, that was a VERY thoughtful gift to ahve received - so beautiful.

Zinnia said...

Joy is one of God's many gifts. In my prayer I pray a little extra for those who can not feel it. Wonderful gift you got from your friend. Sweet bird, and fun in small bottles that form the word Joy. I wish you a wonderful weekend! Zinnia

acorn hollow said...

I have a sign that says we believe in the spirit of christmas.Love your bottles of sparkle such a sweet gift.
Cathy

Melissa said...

That is one of the things I love about God how He sprinkles our lives with things others would call coincidence.

God is good.

Tales of Whimsy said...

What an amazing scripture. I love it.

What a cute set of bottles. SO adorable. :)

Have a fabulous weekend.

We're hanging out with family today for my grandfather in law's birthday. And we're going to an antique show this weekend. YAY!

Safe travels.

Decor To Adore said...

Have a wonderful weekend!

We truly are kindred spirits as I had that same verse, different version, on my blog last week. :)

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am so honored that you would keep my little gift out all year....I pray that I find JOY in all things...even when it is difficult. Sweet little birdiee...

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is too cute, and I do not think it is too Christmas-y. :D I do not think I have anything out that relates to Christmas...I don't *think*.....

Cute post!

xo,
RJ

LindyLouMac said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter.

Lisa said...

What a thoughtful gift! It's perfect to set out ALL year!
PS I love the NLT translation. We are starting the Book of Ruth next week in Bible Study. I'm really looking forward to it.