Got this yummy recipe from the Ghirardelli website.
I'll be trying it this holiday season.
- 1 cup(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cup(s) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 ounce(s) sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 1/2 ounce(s) (apx. 60) saltine crackers
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) corn syrup
In a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper, lay out saltine crackers, salt side down, in a single layer. Set aside.
In a medium-size sauce pot, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Place over medium heat until butter melts, stirring continuously. Increase to high heat and cook until mixture registers 350°F on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and carefully pour mixture over saltines, spreading evenly.
Let sit a few minutes and then sprinkle chocolate over toffee. Once chocolate melts, spread in an even layer over toffee. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top. Freeze until chocolate sets. Once the chocolate is set, break into pieces.