- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
- 3 slices white or whole wheat bread
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Fresh dill
2. Toast bread on both sides and let cool slightly. Spread even amount of cream cheese mixture over one side, and top with sliced cucumber, arranging like shingles. Cut off crust and slice into thirds.
This is a sandwich that I made for a tea party at my sister-in-law's.
It makes 9 little finger sandwiches. I added a tablespoon of sour cream to the cream cheese mixture so that it had a more smooth texture and was easier to spread.
It was originally printed in the TeaTime Magazine 2005 Summer edition.
I will show more pictures from the party later this week.
It was FANTASTIC!