Monday, January 4, 2016

Good Reading?



I sure hope so! 

I thought I would share this year's selection of books for the Girlfriends Lit-n-Latte
book club. 
I'm pretty excited to read some of these selections.  I've heard a lot about The Harbenger,
The Goldfinch... Oh! Who am I kidding? I can't wait to read all of these. 




                                                     2016 Lit-n-Latte Book List

                                            Jan   Mrs. Kennedy and Me   -Clint Hill
                                            Feb  The Princess Bride   -William Goldman
                                            Mar   Miracles from Heaven  -Christy Wilson Beam
                                             Apr    Brooklyn  -Colm Toibin
                                             May  The Whistling Season  -Ivan Doig
                                             Jun    Summer Break
                                             July   The Goldfinch  -Donna Tartt
                                             Aug   The Harbinger  -Jonathan Cahn
                                             Sep   Wuthering Heights   -Emily Bronte
                                             Oct    Sister Eve, Private Eye  -Lynne Hinton
                                             Nov   The Lowland   -Jhumpa Lahiri
                                             Dec   The Hundred Gifts   -Jennifer Scott



Have you read any of them?

What did you think?

I'm currently reading Mrs. Kennedy and Me... Can't put it down! 
LOVE it!

        

7 comments:

Bernideen said...

I think that is wonderful. I need to work on this! Happy New Year!

Stacey said...

I have not read any of those! Currently our book club is reading Where'd You Go, Bernadette? I like it. ;)

Charlotte said...

I dId read The Goldfinch that is on your reading list.
Would like to know what you think of the book after you read it.

Lisa said...

My husband read The Goldfinch and he enjoyed it. I read Wuthering Heights in high school and loved it! Mrs. Kennedy and Me sounds juicy and I will definitely put that on my list.
Hope you had a wonderful holiday Liz!

Decor To Adore said...

Wuthering Heights and The Princess Bride are true favorites of mine. The other titles are all new to me so I can't wait for your reviews. Have a fabulous weekend! I am gearing up to start another semester of school on Monday. :) Your Panama postcard with also be going out shortly. :)

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love your list! We don't do a yearly list…we sort of wing it month to month! I love the name of your book club, too….so cute!

THe Princess Bride is one of my faces, BTW...

Rue said...

I had no idea that the Princess Bride was a book before it was a movie. Unless it's not the same thing lol

Your home looked beautiful for Christmas. I hope whatever sadness has happened has gotten better, my friend.

hugs to you,
rue