Monday, April 20, 2015

A few of My Favs


Hey there friend! 
I thought that I would show you a few of my favorite 
items that I am currently using and loving. 


First up: The glass OPI nail file. 
(you knew at least one thing had to be nail related) 


What I love about it: 
Okay, now here is a weird thing. I like to file my nails 
BEFORE I take my polish off. I feel like I get a more square 
nail edge. I love that I can run it under HOT water and it is good as
new.  I love the quality of it. Not all glass files are the same. I got a 
generic one from Walgreens and it was lame. Seriously!
I also have an Essie glass nail file that I like a lot, but it's not
my fav.  Glass files are better for nails that tend to split or peel. 
If you want to try it out, you can get it on Amazon. 


My Second fav of the week is the Dollar Spot at Target. 
I love that you can get 8 sweet little cards for a buck! 
I mean really??? Beat that! 
I have set a goal this year to send out one hand written
note a month. A cute card can be motivating.  Right?


Finally my third Fav this week is my new NIV Devotional Bible.
I wasn't even in the market for a new bible, but I was in the aisle 
at Barnes and Noble and this truly called me. 
I mean look at that cover! It really looks beautiful on my desk at work. 
What I REALLY LOVE though is the daily devotions. 
So relateable! 
Hence the title: The Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women 

The readings are short but challenging. And you can achieve 
several different goals. If you just want a devotional everyday, it is 
great for that. But it is also a great way to read right thru the bible in 
366 days.  (not sure what the extra day is about) You can also read 
the devotions by subject or by author. 


I have to say that purchasing this and placing it on my desk has really
made my devotion time a breeze. I just get to work a little early and 
I start my work day well with a little help! 

Something else you should know:
No one pays me or sends me any free stuff.
These are just items that I bought and I'm 
happy with and thought I would share.

Enjoy!

I'll be joining: 


15 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

I think that bible has my name written all over it! I have "pinned" this to my wish list. Mothers Day is coming. :)

Stacey said...

I like your thinking today, Liz. Now I'm making a note to myself that I need a glass file. Your new Bible is beautiful!

Gentle Joy said...

It is so nice to recognize favorite, or fun, things. :) Thank you for sharing this... I have never heard of a glass file.... I love your idea of sending out real notes periodically... I have had that goal also, but haven't done too well w/ it lately... maybe it's time to try again. :)

Anonymous said...

When you keep His Word opened all the time, it is always there for you :0) I do the same thing... ;D

Thank you so much for sharing...have a blessed day! mari

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

ooh, that looks like a wonderful Bible. I would love one like that. I love NIV. And I try so hard to send out cards to people occasionally. I love to get them too....seems like a dying art!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Liz
I am in the market for a new Devotional and this one sounds what I'm looking for - thank you for your recommendation.

I haven't seen a glass nail file here - I'll keep my eye out, because I have brittle nails and they always seem to tear at the side. I keep them short for this reason!

Lovely to see you joining Stephanie's party too!
Hugs
Shane

Stephanie said...

Hi sweet Liz! It was such a delight to see you had joined Roses of Inspiration this week - thank you, my friend.

Your favorites are all wonderful! I have a nail file similar to the one you mentioned, but I hardly use it. You see, I get goosebumps when I file my nails...in fact, I get goosebumps just thinking about filing my nails :)

Happy day, my friend! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sweet art of living with heart!
Franca

Rue said...

Thank you for the file recommendation, Liz! My nails peel all the time, so I hope it helps.

The pictures of your roses in the post below this are gorgeous :)

xo

Renee said...

I love the color of the peach polish could you please tell me what the name is.And Ilove the roses.Always enjoy your encouraging inspirational posts.

Conniecrafter said...

I was having troubles seeing my old bible so my hubby bought me a new one with large print and the color is just like yours, suede cover. I enjoy reading my bible even more now that I don't have to struggle!

JES said...

Hello Liz! Your blog is just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely finds on the Art of Home-Making Mondays. Sending out a card a month will certainly bless many and the Bible is very nice. I would have been enticed too! Now following along and hope to see you next Monday! :)

Stephanie said...

Hello, my friend! I just wanted to let you know that this lovely post was the most viewed post at Roses of Inspiration and will be featured tomorrow. Thanks for joining the party. Happy hugs!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Thanks for the review of the glass nail file, Liz, and the Devotional Bible sounds like one that I would love. I'll look for the darling note cards next time I visit Target.
Have a happy day!

Debby Ray said...

Hi! Coming to visit you through Roses of Inspiration! I love the soft, beautiful colors in these photos...that rose is just simply captivating and next to your new sea blue Bible, it just pops! A truly lovely post! :)