Friday, September 28, 2012

A Year On Ladybug Farm : Lit-n-Latte Book Review



From the back of the book: 

Their husbands were gone, their families were grown, and the future stretched out before them like an unfulfilled promise...
Tired of always dreaming and never doing, Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget make a life-altering decision. Uprooting themselves from their comfortable lives in the suburbs, the three friends buy a run-down mansion, nestled in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley. They christen their new home "Ladybug Farm," hoping that the name will bring them luck.
As the friends take on a home improvement challenge of epic proportions, they encounter disaster after disaster, from renegade sheep and garden thieves to a seemingly ghostly inhabitant. Over the course of a year, overwhelming obstacles make the three women question their decision, but they ultimately learn that sometimes the best things can happen when everything goes wrong...

My Thoughts and Opinions:

LADIES! 
This was such a fun light read. If you want something that will make you laugh through tears... read THIS book.  Will it change the world? No. Will it change your mind about your religion or politics? No and No!  But you will relate, sigh and role your eyes. 


Everyone in our little book club loved this story!




I'll be joining Ricki Jill for Literary Friday at Art @Home




8 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

After The Chronicles of Nick, I need something light and fun! :D This sounds really cute, and I will try to locate it this weekend.

Thanks so much for linking-up, Liz. It truly means a lot!

xo,
RJ

acorn hollow said...

I read this book and loved it!!! It is a fun and light read.
Cathy

Sherri B. said...

Oh my, do I ever need a 'light' read with all of the political information gathering I'm doing. This sounds like a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the review. xo

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds splendid!

Decor To Adore said...

This sounds like a book I would really enjoy! Thank you for sharing.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Liz: This sounds just like a story that would appeal to me. I'm just finishing up 50 Shades of Gray. Don't judge me, I might be old but I'm not dead! I think this book sounds just the ticket for a change of pace..Happy Friday..Judy

Blondie's Journal said...

I love a light read! I am going to order this on my Nook! Thanks!

XO,
Jane

Blondie's Journal said...

Liz...I just checked my Nook...did you know that this book is one of a series?

XO,
Jane