Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fresh-Cut Friday #25



Welcome! 
So happy to be sharing my favorite thing in the whole world! 

 
FLOWERS! 
If your new here, Fresh-Cut Friday is all about floral arrangements. They can be from your garden or favorite floral spot.  It can be a new post or an older post. It doesn't really matter. 
It is really just about the pretty.  Everyone is welcome!
 I started FCF 2 years ago because there were no linky parties just for all our pretty floral arrangements. So I thought what a great excuse!  
Not just show off, but to buy ourselves flowers at least once a month.  

Well that was over 2 years ago! And here we are... I guess it was a pretty good idea. 
So if your here... I'm really happy!


These are my Gladiolas. I didn't take to many pictures of them because I didn't time the blooms right. I bought these stalks on Tuesday and they should all be open on Friday.... huummmm... I guess I should have put a little more thought into that. Anyway Gladiolas are the August Flower of the month. They are a flower that I don't usually go for but they are very pretty and feminine. And they last a long time to. 


When I was picking up my glads... I saw these lovelies... 
They were so pretty. They are actually green with a pale white to pink center.


The petals have a ruffle to them that is very striking.

 I have never seen these before, but they are appropriately 
named Green Fashion.


I thought they were so romantic that I let that be my
 inspiration for my photos. 

 

Oh! AND that is my new white tray from Pier 1.... 


You'll probably be seeing that in more of my photos... Just because I love it!


Wine, Roses and Candle light! 
How romantic is that!

So now jump on in...Don't forget to go visit your neighbors.

I'll be joining these other fun parties. 
 Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home, Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday and Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday



22 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You should win an award with that picture of the rose up close! That is frame worthy! I will link up to my orange flowers....haven't got any others :(

Unknown said...

Oh Liz, how romantic is right. Roses, wine, candle light..all the right lovely items for a romantic vignette! Enjoy the roses as they are beautiful.

chateau chic said...

Those roses are just beautiful. I love their subtle colors.
Mary Alice

Lady of the Woods said...

Oh What a brilliant Idea! I'm a florist and gardener and I was just this week thinking of starting a linky party for just FLOWERS we bring home or have growing etc.! How cool! I'm linking up as I do regular posts on my house flowers and plants. I put your link party in my post and mentioned for others to come on over here to participate in your lovely idea for a flower party! Love it and following ! LOL lady

Lady of the Woods said...

I forgot to mention that I adore green/pink roses. I used to purchase a multi bloom on single stem rose which I cannot remember the name but the colors were pale pink with green, just like yours. I love these! lady

Melissa said...

Glads - they were my Grandma Kats' (my paternal grandmother) favorite flower. When they were blooming she would always have a vase full of them on top of the television.

I hadn't seen them much in years but they must be making a come back in popularity because I've seen them in a number of yards this year.

The Green Fashion roses are very romantic - lovely.

BTW I actually posted a floral arrangement on my blog yesterday... :)

Carolyn said...

I love your roses- great photography!

Carolyn

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful roses. Wish I had some fresh cut to share, but did not pick up some at the grocery this week and the flowers in my courtyard are so pitiful. :(
Thanks for hosting.

Heaven's Walk said...

So so so so pretty, Liz! There is nothing like having fresh roses throughout your house, is there...?

xoxo laurie

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Liz: I'm so happy to have you follow me and now I'm following you also. Looks like you and I might have a little of the same tastes and I'm so happy to have found you and to welcome you to the Cottage. Now I just found out about Fresh-Cut Friday and I don't have anything to show but I will mark it on the calendar for sure next month. Thanks for your kind comments..Happy Thursday..Judy

Tales of Whimsy said...

Those are striking. I love them! So pretty.

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Your roses are beautiful! I love the soft coloring on them and the antique look. Your vignette is beautiful! Love it! The white gladiolus are so pretty! Thanks for hosting again. ~Liz

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Thanks for hosting and for the invite and follow:) I hope you will stop back and join the monthly button swap party . I would love to have you there:)
Francine

Ricki Treleaven said...

Oh, Liz.....I love the green fashion roses! This is one of the prettiest vignettes you have ever put together. I might have to visit Pier 1 for trays....I love yours! I am enjoying your romantic post, and I will visit often next week, I'm sure!

Thanks so much for hosting!

xo,
Ricki Jill

Highpoint Circle said...

Hi Liz. Thanks for the follow and your sweet words of encouragement. I love those Green Fashion roses. Your photo styling is spot on. Really enjoyed my visit and am proudly follower #556!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful, this is my first time to visit and I am so impressed.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Liz,
Your flowers are just lovely and your photos are too. The roses are so sweet! Thank you for stopping by and leaving your nice comment. Wishing you a delightful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your rose photos and rest of your flowers are stunning!! I love roses specially and most flowers, I always have them home and yes, they are soo romantic and make any room look wonderful! You shared some gorgeous vignettes, wow. Thank you for your lovely visit, I am now your newest follower, hope you like to do the same. I just joined your beautiful flower party, so thank you for hosting, I will join from now on...so very nice meeting you lovely lady.
FABBY

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Thanks for visiting me! Your pictures are gorgeous!!

Decor To Adore said...

I just purchased some white glads at T.J.'s You just can't beat the price.

I am so very sorry you won't be able to join us. :(

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Your roses are beautiful! The close up is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and liking my little new pillow. I just found out you have this linky party so I linked up. My garden is not in her prime, the heat and drought has taken it's toll. Hope you stop by and share wit Sunday's Best party Sunday night.

The Charm of Home said...

This is just beautiful! I will feature it tomorrow. Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry