If you have a hankerin' for a rich, creamy, hearty stick-to-your-ribs soup that doesn't take all afternoon to make... This is your recipe! I adapted it from a Gooseberry version...
My modifications are in the parenthesis.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 cup of left over mashed potatoes (I had to use a package of instant, prepared)
- (I added a can of sliced potatoes, drained)
- 10-3/4 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of milk (I used one cup of half and half and two cups of skim milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt ( I used cracked black pepper instead. There is plenty of salt in the instant potatoes and canned soup)
Serves 4 without the modifications.
I had this everyday for lunch last week! It just got better and better.