Thursday, February 19, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty....





A couple of weeks ago I did a post about my little hutch. A couple of you ladies made some kind comments about the little kitty figurne that I had on one of the shelves. So I thought I would share the story.....Sounds dramatic, huh?
There really isn't a story. :) hehehe
Aren't they sweet? When I was eight my very bestest friend in the whole world gave me this little dime store schotzkie for my birthday. Her name was Kim. She had a scar on her lip and incredibly curly hair. (not the pretty kind) But she was a sweetie to give me something that I still love and reminds me of her soooo many years ago. I hope she is happy!
I love these little kittens. They don't have any marking at all.
But they are lovely!


14 comments:

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I've strolled into your charming blog for my first visit.
I adore this kitty figurine. It looks vintage. It's such a treasure to have a cherished memory behind a gift.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Nanette said...

That is a wonderful and very happy story!
Valerie

Lois Christensen said...

What an adorable story to go with a beautiful figurine!! And that you've had it for so long just adds to the cuteness of it!! Enjoy your day!

BECKY said...

You know what?? I like you even more now!! It just warms my heart to know that you kept this little friendship token after all these years!! That tells me a lot about you!!

Thanks so much for your little kitty blessing!
Have a sunny day!!
Becky

Bo said...

Hi Liz...you are a sweetheart to have kept this little kitty figurine all these years & still think about the little friend who gave it to you... ;-) Bo

SueLovesCherries said...

I'm so glad you saved the pretty little kitties to share with us - they're so cute!

The Raggedy Girl said...

What an absolutely charming story and I think the little kitties are so sweet.

Roberta Anne

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

How special to have this after all these years..thanks for sharing hugs and smiles Liz...Gl♥ria

Danette said...

Actually~ that's quite a story!
I love the little kittens. How wonderful you've managed to hang on to them over the years.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Awwww, how sweet!! and what a nice story too!! Thanks for sharing, it warmed my heart!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Cynthia

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So cute and great that it has nice memories attached. Have a great weekend.
Glenda

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

They are precious, and how nice to have a memory attached to them. laurie

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Thanks for sharing that tidbit, too sweet... I love the little kitties.

Tardevil said...

Those kitties are precious. I don't know whether or not you're on Facebook, but I'm helping find people for my 25th class reunion, and we have found almost our entire class on there. That is, if you're interested in finding Kim.